The purpose of the Boston Skal Club/Keith Staples Scholarship Fund is to encourage professional development within the travel and tourism industry by awarding academic scholarships to college students who are:
- permanent residents of Massachusetts and are enrolled in travel and tourism industry majors at a two or four-year higher education accredited institution. Annually, one scholarship of $1500 is available through the Boston Ski Club/Keith Staples Scholarship Fund.
ALL APPLICANTS WILL BE EVALUATED BASED ON THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Complete Application submission by deadline, no exceptions
- Full-time, matriculated college student with declared major affiliated with the travel and tourism industry
- Cumulative credits reflecting Sophomore, Junior or Senior class status
- Resident of New England and/or attending school in New England
- Applicant seeks a career in the travel and tourism industry
- Student with travel and tourism industry related experience (preferred)
- Letter of Recommendation(s) ANY APPLICANT RECOMMENDED BY A SKAL INTERNATIONAL BOSTON MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING WILL BE GIVEN FIRST CONSIDERATION. PREFERRED CONSIDERATION WILL ALSO BE GIVEN TO RECOMMENDATIONS FROM ANY OTHER SKAL INTERNATIONAL MEMBER IN GOOD STANDING.
- Official College Transcript – no copies, no unofficial or any other facsimile will be accepted
- Personal Essay
- Financial need
For a copy of the 2013 application please click the link below.